View Single Post
Old 09-12-2005, 05:38 AM   #20
JCarlson2004
Mommy To 3 Poochies
Donating Member

Cry Tragedy

Thank you for sharing that video. I sent it to some family members and friends.

I remember the horror and devestation of 9/11 all too well. I watched from my office window as the second plane crashed into the WWC. It was the most awful thing I've ever seen and I've had nightmares of that image ever since. After walking hours in the sweltering sun, I made it to the Brooklyn Bridge and crossed over into Brooklyn (around 11:30 p.m.). After walking about another hour and a half, I finally found a working pay phone and called my parents and Jim to tell them that I was safe and in Brooklyn. Then Jim (my boyfriend at the time, now my husband), my father and my uncle drove to Prospect Park to pick up me and a co-worker who walked with me to Brooklyn. I thought I was one of the lucky ones because, as far as I knew, all my family and friends made it out safely. But then I learned a few days later that a very close family friend never made it out of the south tower. His wife, Brenda, and their 3 children were left without a father.

I don't think NY will ever fully, completely recover from the 9/11 tragedy. We will always have this scar on our minds and carry this burden of loss in our hearts. But I truly feel that this devestation has made our city stronger in several different ways. I pray for all those who lost friends and loved ones on 9/11.

God bless you all.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!