View Single Post
Old 08-21-2008, 04:10 PM   #14
TLC
Slave to My Rug-Rats
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaGrits View Post
I truly appreciate all the replies and advice. It gives me things to think on and plan my strategy. I'm thinking if I can find an exer-pen that only has straight up and down bars, it might work, otherwise, he'd just climb out of it (the little stinker). I would just love love having one more yorkie, but can't afford the vet bills and food since we're on fixed incomes now.

I have begun to feed NV raw medallions and NV kibble. I have been letting him free feed on the kibble, so need to fix that with a scheduled feeding time for kibble only and then the mix of the medallion with a little kibble at his usual supper time.

You guys are really great to have responded and so timely too. Thank you very much! I'll take all the advice to heart.

FYI - Raw and Kibble should NOT be fed at the same time. Kibble takes too long to digest, and when fed together the kibble sticks to the raw, not allowing the raw to digest and go through the process, so the raw then actually sits longer while the kibble is breaking down and that's when bacteria can grow on it.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!