View Single Post
Old 08-21-2008, 11:27 AM   #1
GeorgiaGrits
Elvis+Honey=My Heart

Default I have a dilemma and need input from anyone with experience like my problem:

My little Elvis is 8 months old. My husband and I are both retired, so we're with Elvis almost 24/7. I realize that we have contributed to this problem I am about to describe.

When we want to go out to eat or to run errands together, we leave Elvis behind. We've tried crating him, but upon our return, we have a marathon poop cleaning because he has pooped all in his crate!

Now we have tried just leaving him loose in the house on one level. We have down his pee pad, water, bed, etc. When we leave he does use the pee pad, but he always poops. I have tried leaving him in the laundry room with door closed...another marathon cleaning...so will never do that again!

While I was visiting my daughter last week, my husband stayed behind with Elvis. He told me that when he went outside to do yard work, Elvis barked the entire time. So I just conducted an experiment with Elvis that failed: Husband had to go to a dr appt, so we set up everything for Elvis like we were both going away, however, I stayed behind...hung out in the garage and just outside the garage, no way could Elvis see me. For 10 minutes he barked running throughout the house. I gave up and went in to calm him and yes, again, he had pooped (4th time that day, but really loose).

We want to go on vacation and take Elvis with us, but what do we do about leaving him in the condo while we go to the beach or out to eat? We do not want to be evicted due to the constant barking.

Can someone please advise me? Thank you so much!

Last edited by GeorgiaGrits; 08-21-2008 at 11:29 AM.
GeorgiaGrits is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!