View Single Post
Old 08-21-2008, 08:45 AM   #24
DvlshAngel985
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFan121s View Post
Of course they can work! The doesn't make it easy though. I was always one to get tired of someone really quickly--within weeks, a month or so tops. Basically before I ever really knew the person. For me, being around someone I hardly knew too much from the start was like overkill. When I started dating my husband, I was really swamped in college and didn't have much time to devote to a relationship, and not long after we started dating, he started working out of town during the week. So basically I saw him on Saturday night. Then he started working out of state, cross country for months at a time. I honestly think that if that had not been the case, I would have lost interest in him too. So it was really a blessing in disguise.

If you guys have been dating for 2 years already, then it seems like you have a pretty solid relationship that could last if you make it. Nothing in life is promised, there are people who have been married or together for 10, 20, 30 years that come to realize it just ain't workin' out and go their separate ways. Any relationship is only as good as you make it.
Thank you for your words! You have no idea how much I appreciate them!!!!
I was starting to feel like I was the only one in the world that thought spending 24/7 with a new boyfriend was over doing it. That's not how I started my relationship with my boyfriend. We both have school responsibilities and would see each other whenever our schedules would allow it. And we were going to the same school and sometimes in the same class! But we would never get paired off into the same group, and the projects for those classes were just time consuming. (just to give you a taste: we did genetic testing for cancer in sample DNA and DNA testing like for "who's my baby's daddy?" types of situations) Sometimes our hang out time would be when we would meet with each other's group to work on projects. We did make the effort to make alone time just for us and go out and have fun, it just usually had to wait until all the big projects were finished. And it's been that way ever since. I don't need to see him all the time, but I wouldn't turn him away either. I LOVE spending time with him.
With all of you that have so graciously shared their story with me I would like to say THANK YOU. You've given me confidence that in one way or another this has a chance of working out. I haven't completely decided what I'm going to do, who knows, maybe this time next year I could be chatting along with all of you from Bolivia . All I know is that with your kind words and your shared stories it has put my mind at ease.
I SINCERELY THANK YOU ALL!!!!!

Last edited by DvlshAngel985; 08-21-2008 at 08:46 AM.
DvlshAngel985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!