View Single Post
Old 08-20-2008, 09:36 AM   #15
DvlshAngel985
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malia View Post
First and foremost, don't let others (your best friend) force you into making a decision! She needs to back off a bit and let you think on your own. They may have your best interest at heart but sometimes can lead you in the wrong direction!
This is a big decision for you. I do believe in "if its meant to be, its meant to be". I wouldn't want him deviate him from what he wants to do especially if this is something taht will effect him for the rest of his life. There's nothing wrong with going to school in another country and coming back to the US and doing your residency here. A lot of doctors do it and they are all good doctors. Getting into medical school is brutal, I know because my sister went through it and is doing her residency now. She ended up going to get her masters in public health first since she didn't get accepted to medical school that year. So I would support him.
Now as far as you, it depends if you have your own plans. You need to focus on what you need to do with your life. I think going to vet school is a brilliant idea! School will keep you busy and lead you in the right direction as far as your future.
Your other option is to move with him and pursue your vet school there, although there may be a language barrier there? Don't want to put your goals on the back burner for him and then resent him later! How close is he to moving? How come he hasn't asked you to move with him? Maybe you can find out if he would mind you coming along and make your decision from there on.
Good luck to you, this will be a difficult decision, thats for sure!!
Thanks for your input. I was hesitating bringing my problem here, but it turns out to be the smartest thing I've ever done!! Seeing everything laid out in front of me is easier than just having it run over and over in my head.
Language barrier? Somewhat, it's a spanish speaking country and I do speak spanish, but I'm use to reading, writing, and just overall studying in spanish, and the same goes for him. That's one of my biggest concerns for him. I'm also worried that by him moving, and this is from my understanding based on what he's told me, all his effort that he has put here in the schools here would be thrown out the window and he's going to start all over again, which defeats one of the purposes of him going.
How close is it? He would be leaving

Another important fact that I failed to mention, he hasn't decided yet. He's not sure if to finish his BS here and continue on to Med school, or leave everything behind and start over in a new place. I on the other hand I am about to finish my BA in June.
PLEASE let me know if I'm over sharing!! This is just very stressful for me!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!