View Single Post
Old 08-20-2008, 09:09 AM   #12
DvlshAngel985
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelBelle View Post
Yes and No....

Can a long distance relationship work between the right people? Yes. Will it be easy? Definitely not. If you or he are even slightly jealous people right now,then multiply those feeling by thousands of miles and you can see that its not a pretty picture. However, if you love each other and are committed enough, you CAN make it work. Be prepared for the reality of it though. You will be sad and lonely ALOT. Unless you're the kind of person that can channel all that free time into something positive then a LDR may not be for you.

As far as moving is concerned... I have in fact moved from Mississippi alllllllll the way to Texas (a long way for a girl who came home every other weekend of college to see her momma!) My then boyfriend and his best friend (who happened to be my best girlfriends boyfriend) moved to Fort Worth for work. We had been doing the long distance thing for a year. It was rough, so we (my best friend and I) along with another friend moved to Texas! The 3 of us girls got an apartment together (living with a man your not married to is a serious no no in my mom's world). Well needless to say after a year of living in Texas, things did not work out between my boyfriend and I (and Courtney and Jason had broken up like 6 months in...) My roommates and I missed our families alot. So we all decided to move back to Mississippi since there was nothing holding us in Texas anymore.

Back to my point.... Would I do it all over again? YES! There are so many people who live life without taking chances or experiencing things. I have priceless memories of my year in Texas both with and without the boyfriend. It gave me a chance to see how strong I really was. Bottom line is make whatever decision makes sense to you!

P.S. Sorry this is so ridiculously long!

P.S.S. Maybe hasn't invited you along because he is sure you'll say no. If you WANT an invitation, then drop a hint or two. Like the next time you're talking about it, say "You're gonna need a bigger suitcase, if I'm gonna hide in it all the way through customs..." and see what he says!
Thank you so much for your input. I think if I faced a situation of moving to another state, I would do it in a heartbeat! (Even though I've always said I'd never leave my Sunny California!!!!) No second guessing, or anything, mostly because I know there is an opportunity for me to finish my education anywhere here and still be able to come back to Cali and set up my own clinic here. I know that sounds selfish but that would be my dream come true!!! Crossing international lines on a 13 hour flight....I'm going to need an oxygen tank in his suitcase!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!