View Single Post
Old 08-20-2008, 08:44 AM   #9
DvlshAngel985
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammiz View Post
You haven't mentioned the "L" word. Do you love him? In a 'want to live my life with you ' way? If you do then I would advise you thusly:

Go with him if the opportunity is there. You can't really force him to stay. He would probably be resentful of that no matter if he wanted to be resentful or not. If he considers what he is doing to be the best for his education, I would not even try to get him to stay.

What country is it? Do a lot of research on what it is like there. If you were to go and find that it isn't for you, you could always come back knowing you made the effort. It isn't unusual for someone to go to live in another country with their partner. People do it all the time. Look at all the service wives that do it. It's not forever and I would think it could actually be an exciting thing.

Of course, like I said...this is all predicated on loving him. If you only 'care' for him it probably wouldn't be the right thing to do.
I knew I forgot to mention something. I do love him in the "I wanna spend the rest of my life with you" kind of way. We've spoken about marriage, but being what we beleive to be sensible, we don't want to take that step until we're both stable financially enough.
And I have thought of "he'll resent me later on" if I ask him to stay. In fact I've tried to be as supportive as I can. He wants to move to Bolivia, where he has family because med school is easier to get into and more affordable. I personally think it's a mistake since he is planning on returning and practice medicine here. I don't think he'll be as successful. BUT, if this is something he wants to do, I'm behind him 100%.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!