View Single Post
Old 08-20-2008, 12:16 AM   #4
sammiz
No Longer a Member

You haven't mentioned the "L" word. Do you love him? In a 'want to live my life with you ' way? If you do then I would advise you thusly:

Go with him if the opportunity is there. You can't really force him to stay. He would probably be resentful of that no matter if he wanted to be resentful or not. If he considers what he is doing to be the best for his education, I would not even try to get him to stay.

What country is it? Do a lot of research on what it is like there. If you were to go and find that it isn't for you, you could always come back knowing you made the effort. It isn't unusual for someone to go to live in another country with their partner. People do it all the time. Look at all the service wives that do it. It's not forever and I would think it could actually be an exciting thing.

Of course, like I said...this is all predicated on loving him. If you only 'care' for him it probably wouldn't be the right thing to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DvlshAngel985 View Post
Normally I don't like to blab to much about my personal life, but I find myself in a bind, and don't know who to ask. I do however share funny stories for the HOWYW game thread! I've seen a lot of wise advice given to others for anything from puppy problems to personal ones, and I'm hoping some wisdom could be shared with me.
My boyfriend of over 2 years recently told me that he might be moving out of the country for school purposes. So my question to all of you out there in YT land, Do long distance relationships really work?
My best friend, keeps pressuring me to make a decision. She keeps pushing for me to go with my boyfriend and move out to a new unfamiliar country to stay with him, or to give him an ultimatum to make my boyfriend stay here. I think this is really unfair for me to do that to him.

The only examples I have for long distance relationships are my parents, and they are now happily married for almost 27 years. But I've also seen a lot of negatives from friends' experiences.... let's just say he turned out to be a cheating liar
So is it silly to belive that a long (and I mean LONG) distance relationship can work?
sammiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!