View Single Post
Old 08-19-2008, 05:38 PM   #8
JeanieK
Donating YT 12K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babymax View Post
Max is being a bad boy .Here are some axamples when we are leaving and we go to put on our shoes he grabs them and grawls when we try to get them when we do he freeks and trys to bite he snaps . So we were told to put him on time out away from any one on a leash attaches to a door knob its helping we only done it for 2 days i know it will take a while.When my 2 year old nefew is here hell take a toy and do the same thing as he does with he shoes im acared hell bite him or any one else what can we do .Im so scares someone will hit slap him had if he ever bit my nefew.please help
Whomever told you to put a dog in "timeout" has no concept of dog behavior. dogs do not understand "timeout" By the time you catch them and put them in "timeout" they have forgotten what they did.

It sounds to me like the dog is the pack leader in your house and he is trying to tell you what you can and cannot do.

So speak to him in his own language. when he does something you disapprove of you snap at him like he does at you. Make it quick and instantanious. If there is a 2 second gap betwen his behavior and your correction he will not get the message.

Never allow him to win. You need to let him know that you are the leader and that you call the shots.

Use your hand as a mouth and nip at him. Bare your teeth to him and growl if neccessary. Eat in front of him and do not allow him to approach the food. Make him sit before you put his food down. All of those little things tell the dog that you are pack leader.
JeanieK is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!