View Single Post
Old 08-19-2008, 01:55 PM   #1
dani23d
YT 500 Club Member

Default Not neutered, 10.5 months old...MARKING!

Hey all, it's been MONTHS since I've last been here. I have a situation:

Pikko is about 10 and a half months old and he hadn't been neutered because, frankly, he only has one ball right now...!
I was told by a vet assistant to wait until he is 10 months old to see if nature will take its natural course and maybe his other ball will drop. Well, it hasn't.
In the meantime, I've been dealing with Pikko's marking issues. I try to catch him in the act, but when I'm not home, I can't control when or where he marks. Of course, I clean the places he marks thoroughly, but of course, he will try to mark again because it's all instinctual.

I've made an appointment to get Pikko neutered on August 28, failing that his other ball didn't drop - so now there has to be a partial surgery (meaning more costs for me, oh well).

So here is where my questions arise:

After he gets neutered, will he stop marking and go back to when he was properly potty trained (like, squat and pee in a puddle vs. marking)?

And if neutering doesn't help AS MUCH, what are the other solutions you can suggest to getting him properly trained again (being that I'm not always around to catch him in the "act")?
dani23d is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!