View Single Post
Old 08-19-2008, 03:35 AM   #5
Vinniedoggy
YT Addict

Yorkies in general are pretty picky dogs. We have had two Yorkies and they both went through phases in which they liked certain foods and disliked others and then switched up on us. It can be frustrating, but I've found that you just have to be creative and keep food interesting. Also, my dog has routinely refused traditional dog food. I did the Nature's Variety raw diet for years and he did excellent on that. But then he contracted a parasite or some intestinal infection, and the vet recommended that I take him off the raw diet. Currently, I cook meat, veggies, and other dog-approved foods and keep things mixed up so that he doesn't get bored. I have also found with my dog that he is more likely to eat if I give him small portions throughout the day. Finally, when my dog gets hungry, he seems to get a tummy ache that then results in him being nauseous and not wanting to eat. It becomes a vicious cycle; he needs to eat to get rid of the nausea, but doesn't want to eat because he's nauseous.

Yorkies are definitely a challenge when it comes to food.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!