View Single Post
Old 08-17-2008, 01:42 PM   #6
BabyFidgette
Learn Yorkie CPR!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy1999 View Post
I don't think you want to report them to Caig's list at first anyway. They will just remove them and they will change names, and contact other innocent people. If you report them to the right people they actually set up a sting for them. The way it works is they don't really want whatever you are selling, and their operation usually works best if people are selling something at too high a cost, and are so glad that someone is willing to pay them that much that they are willing to accept their terms. They usually send a check to for a thousand dollars more than what you wanted, and you are to send them the remaining thousand. People get confused because the bank honors for several weeks, but by then the people have sent the scammers the extra money. Just because the bank honors it does not mean that they will continue to honor it once they can't get their money. There is some law enforcement agency that actually sets up the sting to get them; maybe you could do a search using some key words.
I am aware of that scam...paying over the price. But I don't have time to get involved in taking one or two off the street. Plus, they are usually in Nigeria and we can't do anything over here. That's why they get away with getting millions of dollars a year from unsuspecting Americans!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!