View Single Post
Old 08-17-2008, 04:48 AM   #1
luckylady
Living My Yorkie Dream
Donating Member

Omg It was raining.............SQUIRRELS!

Ok, the weather was beautiful yesterday morning! Hubby and I were sitting in the backyard with our fab four; they were enjoying the beautiful morning too. All of a sudden Lexie spotted squirrels in the yard and took off after them, with I believe it was Halle close behind her; the squirrels of course scurried up the nearest tree in our yard. The next thing I hear is a good sized "THUMP" & then more scurring up the tree. Mind you, at this point...and this is just a matter of seconds going by, I am only noticing the dogs running, noticing movement/sounds in the trees, and only heard the THUMP but didn't actually see the squirrel fall. It was that quick. BUT, the thump got my attention and at about the time hubby & I looked up to see the squirrels, they BOTH came falling from the sky (well, the tree), with another good THUMP and at least 2 dogs waiting below. Amazingly, the squirrels bounced up and again ran up the tree before the dogs could get them.
I was shocked....at the fact that not one but three squirrels fell in a matter of probably a minute, that my dogs were right there and they weren't able to catch them (thankfully), and that even with what sounded like such a hard fall, the squirrels got right up (quickley) seemingly unphased, and ran back up the tree.

I had never witnessed anything like that before and have wondered a few times at how those animals could climb up the sides of trees, walk those power lines, and jump from branch to branch (or tree to tree) so accurately, so fast. Well, now I know that they CAN slip and fall from time to time.
luckylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!