Thread: Animal Cruelty
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2008, 05:47 PM   #28
MyPeanutAbbyGra
I love my baby girls!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnaClaire View Post
Thanks everybody for their help and advice! My fiancee and his mother don't have a good relationship AT ALL- even minus the fact she shot their dog. When he is home on leave, he *might* go see her once. But even that's a rare occasion. I told him about it while he was overseas, only because I didn't want him to find out 7 months from now, and hold that "why didn't you tell me?!" against me. I just told him once, and I wont bring it up again while he's there. But their relationship is horrible, even before this. So I don't think he would appose to me telling someone with animal cruelty. My fiancee has two sisters that live with his mother, and I honestly don't see them cooperating with me to remove the animals, because they would never see them again(since they live with their mother). My fiancee and I have a mutual feeling about his mother, so that has not been a problem within our relationship. He really can't stand her, and knows that she has issues. She is one of the main reasons he chose to join the Marines, to get far away from her. I think I will call our local shelter and let them know about it anonymously. Do shelters handle animal cruelty? Or is that under another organization? I would never take MY furbabies to her house- no chance in hell. And I've already established with my fiancee about our future children having supervised visits with their grandmother, and ONLY when she is sober. He agreed, and understands the seriousness of the situation. I am just worried about her children and other animals. She needs to be in the loony bin.

Oh geez, that too bad that the sisters won't help. It seems like if they love them, they'd want them out of harm's way.

I don't know who you report this to in your area. I wouldn't worry about testifying, since you didn't see anything anyway. Just tell whoever you talk to that there's a dog buried and it was shot. That should be evidence enough.

I wish you much luck.
MyPeanutAbbyGra is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!