View Single Post
Old 08-16-2008, 09:24 AM   #6
Missiemiss
Donating Yorkie Yakker

Cry

Oh honey...I'm crying right along with you. We lost our dear Roscoe (8 years old) of Kidney failure on June 12. Actually, we made the decision to assist his death along.

Roscoe stopped eating. His tongue (the tip) started to turn white. The bloodwork came back and his creatine levels were off the charts. There was no way to reverse the process. He had no energy, not even his tail would wag. His eyes told me that it was time for me to assist him and I did. Our furbabies do tell us when it is time - it is sometimes missed because of our own emotions that get tied up.

*wiping tears*

Hang in there and if you want to contact me directly, please do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukes View Post
i took my dog copper 2 1/2 ears old to the vet on friday because he was not eating sines wednesday night. the vet run blood work on him. it turns out he has kidney failure. the number was 175 . normal number in dogs is 25. the vet put him on iv fluids and has to stay there. on monday the vet is running more bloodwork and see if the numbers went some down. i didn't sleep last night. we went to see copper this morning. we can see him in the morning and evening.my poor baby. i just want to take him home when i saw him.
the vet can not give us much hope.

does anybody has or had a dog with kidney failure .
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!