View Single Post
Old 08-14-2008, 09:35 AM   #765
may
Yorkie Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmgny42 View Post
I usually do not post to threads like this one but I have to say this whole thing saddens me.

Has anyone stopped to think what would have happened to Emma if Dena hadn't taken her in? The kids that had her wouldn't have known how to feed her or take care of her and she probably would have died. I think what Dena did was commendable, driving to get Emma to save her and then all of the time she has spent nursing Emma. The fact that she is eating, gaining weight, and moving around is much more than she would have done under the original owner's care.

Reading what Dena has described from the vets, I think she has been doing an excellent job and all she can be expected to do. When she first got Emma, she didn't even know if she would last the day, let alone several. She just wanted to give Emma the chance to survive and grow that she didn't have with her original owners because of their lack of knowledge.

As for those posters with questions, I think it is fine to ask questions but you might want to read what you write before you post. Some of the questions that were posted on here were argumentative right from the start and made people defensive. They may not have been intended to be that way when the poster wrote them but that is how they turned out.

Also, I don't think anyone went out and tried to get donations for Emma. Those of us that had posted to this thread were just made aware that if we wanted to donate, here is where we could send our payment. From what I know, many people wanted to donate before anything was set up and they were told no at the beginning. I for one thought about donating before I did and I sincerely wanted to help Emma so I did make a donation--which has now been returned to me.

That is what makes me sad--that something that started out with the best of intentions has now turned into something negative.

Sorry to vent but I needed to say this.

WELL WRTTEN!!!!!!
I wouldn't have been so polite
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!