View Single Post
Old 08-14-2008, 08:26 AM   #1
MyPeanutAbbyGra
I love my baby girls!
Donating Member

Confused Question about bleeding toenail

I feel like such a meanie. I cut Daisy's toenails this morning after giving her a bath and on the very last one, I cut it too short I cleaned it real good and then put antibiotic ointment on it and wrapped her foot in guaze. Naturally she pulled the bootie off and it started bleeding again. This was an hr. and a half ago and everytime I let her down to walk, it starts bleeding. I don't have one of those sticks you use to stop the bleeding, so I've put her in her kennel.

Is it possible that she can loose too much blood? As long as she's still in her kennel and not putting weight on her foot she doesn't bleed.

What should I do? I feel terrible making her stay in her kennel. I can hold her on my lap, but it seems like this is going to take a while. It would take me an hr to drive to town to get the stick and back.

What should I do?

Oh and I found a BIG FAT TICK between her toes when I took her out of the bath this morning...bleck! I almost cried! I had no idea it was there, it must have been there for a while. My girls love to go for walks, but it seems they get ticks everytime. I saved the tick in a bottle incase we have any problems.

HELP!
MyPeanutAbbyGra is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!