View Single Post
Old 08-12-2008, 09:53 AM   #15
Nancy1999
I ♥ Joey & Ralphie!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by artie merlino View Post
You have to visit PetEdge.com Wholesale prices on exclusive dog grooming and pet supplies they have everything you could possibly need to Groom your own Baby. They have wholesale prices and even sell all the Supplies to the Professional Groomers! I have 3 Yorkies w/full long coats
that I have been growing since they were born w/the exception of Artie who accidently got "Shaved Down" for the Summer at Petco, while visiting my Mother in California. Ever since then and after I got my 2nd Yorkie I forced myself to learn how to Groom them myself! Not only does it save me $ but I have more control over how they look and I get all the compliments not the Groomer. If you have any Books on Yorkie's it will explain how to do it, some will even show you different Hair Styles. Their weekly routine consist of a Bath, blow dry, nail clipping, ear cleaning, both Abigail and Pom Pom have their bangs trimmed w/scissors since they don't want to wear a Topknot!
Their Monthly routine is a Sanitary Shave (their private parts), Ears Shaved & Tipped, Feet & Eyes trimmed w/scissors (in between their pads). Daily grooming is a "Brush" at least twice a day, Teeth brushed, face & eyes wiped w/a wash cloth. I do it right before I leave the House so they know we are going "Bye Bye". I try to brush them as much as possible, maybe while I'm sitting around watching TV. so they are always relaxed and never anxious so it does'nt seem like I'm forcing them, they enjoy it!
I do extra work on Artie since he has the longest hair, he has a Topknot and his Tail is Braided w/a matching bow every morning. This is also another way to BOND w/them just like "Walking" I think it makes you closer?
If you mess up some how don't worry it will grow back, Good Luck!

I agree with this, and you really build a level of trust when grooming your dog.

Join today and remove this ad!