View Single Post
Old 03-04-2005, 05:32 PM   #9
TinkerToy
Senior Yorkie Talker

Do you use a carpet cleaner when you clean up his pee spots? You can go to petsmart and get a spray that takes the spell out, because male dogs tend to pee in the same spots. This is the way I trained Tinker: I took a big plastic tub and put a pad in the bottome of it. Every 20 min or so I would stick her in there, and not pick her up until she pees. Once she did her business I gave her a treat. I also kept a pad on the floor in case she decided to pee on it. After a couple day I took the pad out and started doing the same thing with the pad on the floor. She picked it up in less than a week. I would give that a go. I think you are just going to have to go back to square one. I think it will work. I was amazed at how fast Tinker pick it up, because she figured it out that I wouldn't pick her up until she peed and she would get a treat. Also whenever you take a shower put him in the bathroom with you with a pad so he doesn't have as much room and will hopefull chose to pee on the pad. I hope this helps!!! ME and Tinker are rootin' for ya!!
TinkerToy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!