View Single Post
Old 08-11-2008, 05:31 AM   #9
Erin
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

I do both. Mine go every 6-8 weeks also for about $70-80, but we love our groomer and she does such a nice job, much better than my touch ups in between even though I have all of the equipment. Mine are clipped very short, so even with baths and trimming feet, ears, faces, nails... they still need to go. Right now they are looking scruffy and don't go for 2 more weeks!

Here's the thing, I have done it myself. When we go to the groomer we are there from 9:00-11:00 and done. When I do it myself it literally takes half the day. Then I have to vacuum the bathroom and wipe down every surface because they get hair everywhere. When it's nice out I go out on the patio and do their feet, pads, faces, etc. but a full clip is messy and not an easy task. My best suggestion is to learn to trim them in between grooms so you can stretch out the time between appointments. That way you don't have to do everything, like anal glands, but you save some $$ and can spend time with your dogs!

Don't get that peticure thing, its a gimmick. Just get nice nail scissors and clip a little bit at a time. You'll get the hang of it.

The one piece of equipment the groomer has that I would LOVE to have is her dryer... that thing dries so fast and their hair is so straight. I love that dryer! It's like $400
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!