View Single Post
Old 09-08-2005, 03:23 PM   #1
yorkieangel
Rescue Angel

Animal Smiley 036 Rehoming Yorkies

I just wanted to bring up a point about rehoming Yorkies. I have contacted various people about giving a bit older yorkies a new home, and they are always asking what they paid for the pup or close to it(sometimes more)! Now I understand that expenses have occured, but what I don't understand is why they don't understand that an older pup is not the same as a new young pup from a breeder. Usually it is a case of not being housetrained by an older age, which makes it much harder for the new owner to accomplish. Plus the older pups were usually bought from hopefully a breeder or at worst a pet shop, either of which has usually issued some type of guarantee, which is no longer good for the second purchaser. This to me is a BIG factor. Having the guarantee is worth pretty much alot of the price and LACK of one means taking a big chance for ALOT of money. Anyway.... I would have no problem getting an older pup but just don't understand when people want so much money when bad habits are already in place and NO guarantee is there. Personal sellers have NO obligations after the pup has left!

I in NO WAY am against adopting pets in need but just felt a need to state what I felt . I feel decent breeders should ask what they wish but just don't get the rehoming prices????????

Last edited by yorkieangel; 09-08-2005 at 03:25 PM.
yorkieangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!