View Single Post
Old 08-08-2008, 01:29 PM   #3
Erin
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

I'm not an expert on this, but anecdotally I've been told it's not good to give puppies high protein because they will grow TOO quickly, especially large breed puppies. I've also been told that high-protein KIBBLE is hard on their kidneys and livers and other organs because it has no water content, but that canned or fresh meat isn't a problem. I don't think it's a stomach issue unless they aren't used to having high protein but you should always switch and introduce new foods slowly anyway to avoid that problem. If you are looking for grain-free but not high protein try Taste of the Wild. Otherwise there are a bunch of grain free or 95% grain free canned foods out there that are much easier for them to process.

Hope that helps! We've tried most of the foods out there and sadly i don't notice much of a difference from premium kibble to premium kibble. They are all pretty good unless you dog has specific allergies. I can't say that Evo (grain free) is so much better than regular Innova (with rice, I believe) but both are a huge step up from grocery store brands like Purina, Iams, etc.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!