View Single Post
Old 09-08-2005, 05:21 AM   #11
eensor
YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorsmomma
Try and imagine yourself in the shoes of these people most affected. Imagine if your mother, father, sister, brother, son or daughter had been waiting for 3,4,5,6,7 days to be rescued off of a roof top, imagine going that long sitting in filthy water, hungy, thirsty, and noone on the way. As much as you do not understand why I have NO respect for bush, you may not understand how I couldn't give him the time of day...It's hard to distinguish a 'tone' by reading something, but I am not 'yelling' or mad. I am young, and you may not agree that I even can speak on this issue but I know that nothing could be expected from bush. In my opinion he is not an intellectual, and he is not fair in the sense of equal rights.

And my source is the CNN. On various interviews, he had made comments on the fact that he had no clue that the levy (sp?) may break. Do you remember when New Orleans was trying to get money to make the levy stronger and better and bush wouldn't give them the money? Also, I'm not sure if you have NPR in your area, but I'm sure you can access it from the internet.
Of course you have a right to speak! President Bush did not deny them the money for the levees. That has been ongoing for many years. Do you really expect the president to have personal knowledge of every levee, bridge, earthquake fault, etc. in the country? As for equal rights, just look at his cabinet members! There is quite a variety of race and gender there! Also, his own sister-in-law is Hispanic.He is also quite aware of the oppression around the world, and has the guts to try to help the oppressed live in freedom. If that isn't being concerned over equal rights, I don't know what is!

BTW, it was indeed easy to read your tone in the previous response.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!