View Single Post
Old 09-08-2005, 04:41 AM   #7
Thorsmomma
I Love Thor
Donating Member

Omg

Quote:
Originally Posted by eensor
It is so sad to see how the liberals have rushed to "politicize" this tradgedy! I'm so glad our president doesn't stoop to their level when he has had many opportunities to do so. They should remember his kind words for Mrs. Clinton and President Clinton when he unvelied the Clinton's portraits in the White House. They should also remember how he graciously asked his father an President Clinton to co-chair the Tsunami Relief efforts. He didn't have to do that! He is a man of class, intlelligence, ethics and I am so proud he is our president. To say that he doesn't care about African Americans is absurd! I too think the federal government was about 24 hours late in New Orleans and we need to find out why, but the onus lies on the mayor and the governor for most of the failure to evacuate. President Bush called Gov. Blanco on Saturday before the hurricane and offered the National Guard and she turned him down! The mayor sent many empty city buses out of the city when it was clearly in the evacuation plan to use the buses to get people out. Right now we need to be thinking of the best ways to help these victims and the best ways to prevent this kind of thing from happening again. IMO, New Orleans should be rebuilt much smaller. God bless all the victims of Katrina in LA, MS and AL, and God bless America and our president!

24 hrs late? What about the 5 days from when the storm hit to when Bush finally got troops down there?? He addmitted that he didn't know that the situation was so critical until Thursday!!!...People were dying due to his lack of 'knowledge' about how serious the storm had impacted LA,MS... Everyone knew this storm was coming and going to hit hard, so how did he 'not know' it was so serious until 4 days afterwards, and then it took even long for troops to be deploid, help with the rescuing efforts, and but an end the the brief Anarcy!! But most importantly start saving the life of people that were standing up to water up to their hips, cut people out of their atticks, get food out to the hungry, etc. Maybe if all of our troops weren't in Iraq then the people most directly impacted by Katrina would have had help come to them faster. It's just unbelievable that it has taken so long for relief to start. Now it is in force and we have our troops, and volunteers are flooding to help, and with the millions of dollars that have been donated I think that things are getting back in track. I worry that our government won't give the danations directly to the people, and to the rebuilding of the beautiful and historical city, and not only New Orleans, but Biloxi, and all the other many cities and communities that were demolished. Hopefully better discisions will start to be made by this governmen.
I don't think it is fair for you to speak for ALL 'liberals', because ALL liberals are not politicizing the events that Katrina has lead to, and I don't believe that there hasn't been politicing from conservitives. But of course everything has to do with politics, everything is political. But as everyone is entitled to their own opinions, it is important that we all stick together, to help the people that were really hurt by Katrina with prayers, donations, volunteer work, or whatever it is that you can bing to the table.

The boys on DOGSTER
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!