View Single Post
Old 09-08-2005, 04:30 AM   #5
eensor
YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by centralnewyorki
I don't think that this is necessarily a race issue, or that Bush doesn't like one race or another. However, I have to agree with the numerous citizens and journalists I've heard question whether things would have happened differently had this happened in a different area.

I don't think that Bush has shown his "class" in the wake of Katrina's destruction. I read in a national newspaper that he was laughing about his old drinking days in New Orleans while touring the devastation. Have a little respect for the people that are mourning more than the local watering holes. Also, I encourage you to view the photo link I posted under the Oprah thread. Bush found playing guitar with country singer Mark Willis on Tuesday, August 30 to be more important than the poor citizens of NO. If that was his priority, he could have at least not allowed journalists to photograph him. It's kind of a slap in the face for the victims of Katrina, IMO.

I for one believe that numerous politicians dropped the ball after Katrina- reguardless of their political affiliations. I applaud pres. Bush for asking Congress to get to the bottom of the issue. It's no more than a performance review for those involved. If we don't find out who was responsible, those at fault will get away with murder, and could potentially be re-elected and be in a position to have this happen again. Accountability is part of the responsibility of being a politician, IMO.

I'm not questioning your word in the least, but do you know where you heard that President Bush contacted the governor beforehand, or that the mayor turned away busses. I haven't heard this and would like to read more about it. I was unsuccessful Googling each subject, so if you could provide your sources, I'd definitely like to check them out! (Thank you!)
Bill O'Reilly and Hannity and Colmes were the sources for the info on Bush's having contacted the governor. I didn't say the mayor turned away buses, I said that the city buses weren't used to evacuate the citizens who didn't have cars or any other way out. Part of the existing city plan for evacuation included using city buses and school buses to evacuate the city.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!