View Single Post
Old 09-07-2005, 08:34 PM   #14
Tiggerwit
Just me 'n my boys
Donating Member

Rainbow Eat's everything

My Maxie (Maximillian) used to eat everything too. When I first got him he found every cigarette butt and piece of discarded chewing gum that one could find. He was a scamp too. If it hit the ground he was all over it and gone like the wind, you were like "who was that breeze that just blew by here". My sweet boy. Max was only 3 1/2 lbs. and no matter how hard we watched him it wasn't enough. I'm going to tell my story in hopes that some will learn from it, I know I have, I will never forget and maybe one day I will stop blaming myself and be brave enough to have another one. I've wanted a yorkie for as long as I can remember, finally after about 15 years, I got the love of my life. When Max was young he got a tummy ache (so I thought). I took him to the vet who said Max just had a sensative tummy. He advised to take him off food, gave him some pills and to put him on the rice and chicken diet. Every so often this would happen and I just assumed Max had eaten some food that the kids had dropped. He would throw up for about 2 or 3 days and then be as fiesty as ever. Weekend before last, all was good, Max was great, went every where I did, played like normal. That Sunday night he started throwing up again. I figured we were back to the same o same o. I was wrong. Monday he refused to eat, but was drinking water. Tuesday he was worse. I had never been so scared in my life. He could walk maybe 2 or 3 steps and would just fall over. He became very lethargic. I picked him up and he barfed brown smelly something. I rushed him to the vet. She took an x-ray and was very perplexed. She said she'd never seen anything like it. Max had 3 different somethings going on inside him and she couldn't tell what it was, but assumed he ate something and it was a blockage. She wanted to put him on fluids and flush it out, if that didn't work it was surgery time. At this point Max looked like he was trying to throw up again. The vet turned around and agreed but then suddenly said, "Nope, he's dying". Within 10 minutes he was gone. She said that afterward his body didn't react as it normally should have. After I left she took a look inside of Max and was surprised. Inside his colon she found 13 little rubberbands!!!!!!! She said that no amount of money or surgery would have saved him. Because they had adhered to the colon she believes they were there from that very first time and that he had just been able to overcome it and be normal until this past week. It's been a week and I'd give anything to tell him how sorry I am and to have him back.
Tiggerwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!