View Single Post
Old 09-07-2005, 07:41 PM   #1
eensor
YT 2000 Club Member

Default Hindsight is 20/20...Katrina

It is so sad to see how the liberals have rushed to "politicize" this tradgedy! I'm so glad our president doesn't stoop to their level when he has had many opportunities to do so. They should remember his kind words for Mrs. Clinton and President Clinton when he unvelied the Clinton's portraits in the White House. They should also remember how he graciously asked his father an President Clinton to co-chair the Tsunami Relief efforts. He didn't have to do that! He is a man of class, intlelligence, ethics and I am so proud he is our president. To say that he doesn't care about African Americans is absurd! I too think the federal government was about 24 hours late in New Orleans and we need to find out why, but the onus lies on the mayor and the governor for most of the failure to evacuate. President Bush called Gov. Blanco on Saturday before the hurricane and offered the National Guard and she turned him down! The mayor sent many empty city buses out of the city when it was clearly in the evacuation plan to use the buses to get people out.

Right now we need to be thinking of the best ways to help these victims and the best ways to prevent this kind of thing from happening again. IMO, New Orleans should be rebuilt much smaller. God bless all the victims of Katrina in LA, MS and AL, and God bless America and our president!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!