View Single Post
Old 08-05-2008, 08:21 AM   #1
MrsFunnMunn
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Teeth New to Yorkie talk and the Yorkie Breed

Hi all!

I found this website when I was doing a search on the breed and well, decided I might want to join. I am an expectant Mom of a Yorkie. My Yorkie will be arriving this Friday 8/8. I am adopting a 1 1/2 year old little guy from a family that no longer has the time for him. He was a gift for their teenage daughter and well, she no longer has the time that he craves and has become a handful because of it.

He is neutered and up to date on all shots. He is used to younger children and other animals, so I think he will fit in just perfectly here at our house.

As for me, I am a stay at home Mom to two children, in Indianapolis and the oldest of the two will be going to school full time this year. My daughter and I will be lonely, but I am sure the new puppy will help kill time.

So, does anyone have advice on how to make the little guy feel welcome and transition into his new home? He will be coming with his bed, crate and well, all of his belongings, so we have that going for us. I will also be bringing him home in the morning, so he will have almost all day to get settled in somewhat before bedtime that night.

It may take me some time to learn this site and its features and look forward to getting to know all of you.

Have a great day!
Mary
MrsFunnMunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!