View Single Post
Old 08-04-2008, 11:15 AM   #6
bchgirl
Donating YT 10K Club Member

My suggestion take her to a cardiologist to determine if her heart is actually enlarged. I suggest this...because my Reese was mis-diagnosed with an enlarged heart via an x ray taken at the ER vets. What Reese actually had at the time was coccidea (a parasite)...given treatment for that and he was fine. However, I still made an appointment for a consult with a cardiologist because of the large heart diagnosis. The cardiologist explained to me...vets use an visual image chart to compare heart sizes....as a breed Yorkies have bigger hearts than this chart and it is not truly enlarged. Reese had an ultrasound done...for my peace of mind and he's fine. Btw, in case you are interested...I paid $225.00 for that visit and ultrasound.

Pneumonia sometimes occurs with kennel cough. Depending on how much fluid is in her lungs...her lungs could be pressing against her heart causing an irregular beat.

Get a diagnosis from a cardiologist. If she truly has heart issues...that's who needs to be treating her.

Good luck...and I hope you got a "mis-diagnosis" too.
bchgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!