View Single Post
Old 08-04-2008, 06:14 AM   #1
lipperloo
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default My Yorkie is acting strange after trip to the groomers

I took my yorkie (5 yrs old) to the groomers on Fri. He absolutely hates to be combed & is usually stand offish for a day or 2 after being groomed. But this time, he's acting really strange and for a longer time. All he wants to do is lay in his basket, be held, or lay in his kennel. He only goes in his kennel on his own when he's sick, scared, mad, or sad. He won't eat or drink unless we hand feed him and put his water up to his mouth. He's peeing & pooing but as soon as he comes in the door, he runs straight to his basket or kennel. He's also scratching himself more than usual and licking his paws. I have checked him for fleas, cuts, burns, etc but can't find anything. I noticed the skin on the top of his head seems a little pinker than usual but he doesn't seem to be bothered by it.

I don't think he's in pain but he is obviously uncomfortable and certainly not himself. My DH thinks he'll be fine and that I just need to give him time. Have any of you experienced this type of behavior with your babies? What could have happened at the groomer's to traumatize him so much?

~~Lisa
lipperloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!