View Single Post
Old 08-01-2008, 02:57 PM   #6
hpgirl2008
YorkieTalk Newbie!

I know, this is so hard for me - and because I am not a full-time breeder, there was no contract - I just handed them the paperwork and told them everything I could, which is what I do with every puppy I sell. There was no health guarantee, of course if it was something congenital then I would give them a refund, but the vet told me that he did not think it was anything like that, not parvo or any other disease. In all honesty I think what happened was they didn't get her to the vet soon enough. I mean, if my dog was sick, I would have it to the vet next day, and they waited over 4 days before doing anything, with a dog vomiting all that time. Anyone should know that's not a good sign, and I told them when they called that if she didn't get better to call me back and get her to a vet quickly. I think what happened was because she wasn't eating because of the new surroundings (this puppy was extremely close to me, she was the only one who slept with me and cuddled all the time), that she started vomiting and then her blood sugar dropped low and without food or vet care she just went downhill. This is so heartbreaking, and I want to help so badly, but I don't think this was my fault. The puppy was fine when it left here, and all the other dogs are fine, there's no sign of any problems, and the other people who bought a female called and their puppy was slow to eat at first, but once they got the same food they said she started eating. When I talked to the vet he told me that the couple couldn't really say what kind of food we had her on, but I told them over the phone that day EXACTLY what I had been feeding them, and told her to go to the pet store to get a small bag and see if that helped. So I am a little concerned now that I sold the puppy to people who didn't listen to what I said and now the puppy may die because of it. I just needed someone to talk to, I am going crazy here at home because I feel so helpless. I love these babies, they are just as precious as my own two and I am now rambling aren't I? Sorry, I am just pretty upset. Thank you all for your responses and I will keep you updated.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!