View Single Post
Old 08-01-2008, 05:10 AM   #13
atchdca
Yorkie Talker

Default Definition of Slander

The Definition of Slander is :

SLANDER - A false defamation (expressed in spoken words, signs, or gestures) which injures the character or reputation of the person defamed; distinguished from libel.

What I state is purely fact and in no way false! I bought a puppy from Leslee after driving out to Stroud and meeting the Sire and Dam as well, the names were Missy and Humper. My whole family sat in front of Leslee Mitchell's home visiting for a long time with the puppy we bought and the puppy you say is the littermate - who was Maisy at the time. We insisted on seeing the puppies living environment and we were told that Leslee just moved to Stroud from Weleetka and there were boxes everywhere in her house but she did say these were her home-raised pets and they were very well socialized in their family activities. When I brought the puppy to the vet the very next day I was told she had the Coccidia parasites and Patella Luxation, I notified Leslee before I even left the veterinarian office and she outright refused to take the puppy back for a refund. Yes, she offered the littermate in exchange but we did not decide on taking her because we did not think she was as cute and was bigger than the one we bought. We also made the decision we did not want to do further business with Leslee because she informed us the puppy was not vet checked, we were suprised learning that information because when I had asked if she was very healthy with her bite, back, and legs as well as being up to date on shots she said yes. The only reason your puppy came to you vet checked was because she had to take it to get treated for the Coccidia and see if she had the genetic knee disorder as well. I have attached the vet report for everyones review just to be sure there is no slander. Also, while you were visiting Leslee out in Stroud did you happen to get a tour of her kennel where she raises toy poodles, rat terriers, chihuahua's, and Border Collie's as well as the multiple dams of Yorkie's? I would not be surprised if you did not, because those are the real living conditions of where our puppies came from, not from the comfort of her home. I would have to admit Leslee was real good at portraying the perfect breeder image while we were at her home in Stroud, we absolutely got no indication of all these other dogs. Then again, who knows how far they are from the house since she has twenty acres to hide them on. Were you also aware that she is operating without a kennel license in the city limits of Stroud? Now, who is conducting Slander? I am only stating facts, what facts do you have about me when knowing nothing about me or this situation? Also, I am pasting a copy of an email Leslee sent to me in reply to our email showing we are doing homework on the diagnosis and were not happy, we just wanted a refund so we could find a healthy puppy. Just to let everyone know how professional Leslee is from what she states in her email, we are renting because my husband and I are in the process of building a home since we just moved to OKC ourselves. Just as a reminder - we were never told any policy prior to purchasing Daisy, we were told their would be a 1 year genetic health guarantee and that was it - which the Patella is genentic. Here is her "professional" email:

From: "Steve and Leslee" <springhill@itlnet.net> Add to Address Book Add Mobile Alert
Subject: Re: Coccidia
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 18:41:06 -0600

I am glad that you have done your homework!!!!! As I have stated before I give a one year genetic health gurantee. Liver, heart, kidneys and lungs, life threating. As I stated before I will be happy to replace your puppy. I will need you to mail me a copy of the vets report so I can have my vet look it over about the knees. I have been breeding for 7 years and I know all about what a good breeder is and I did not tell you must take within 48 or 72 hours your puppy to the vet for any kind of guarantee to be valid. If a puppy is going to have a genetic issue it will show up before the year!!! Alot of breeders MAKE you do that within their time frame, which alot of new owners do not, so they are not entilted to a refund. As I told you before I would be happy to replace with a different puppy when one becomes available or you can have Maisy. Yes the knees is genetic, but without an X-ray and of course having a second a opinion it what is needed. It does not mean that Maisy would have. And yes if it is confirmed that the puppy does have that then, you will need to find out if it is coming from moms line or dad's. But for 7 years I have not had a problem with the knees. You are not going to FORCE me to do anything. You really do not know as much as you think! Yes I send a nice care package with the puppies that I ship, I do not give them locally. I don't think that your grandmother is wanting to breed is she? I don't what you to have a puppy with a knee problem, and would not expect you to keep one with one, however your arguing, and trying to say that maybe I spent what you had paid me, highly insulted me, I am not the one that is renting am I???????? NO I have 3 houses asnd 200 acres! Glad we got that straight! IF would like to fax the documents to me let me know so that I can turn on my fax machine. Maybe you should have asked me alot more questions before you purchased Daisy. I will be happy to take Daisy back for you, but I will not refund any money. I will take Maisy to my vet and have her knees checked with health cert, should you decide to take her. Don't bother asking again for a refund, I will not change my mind, and I do have a whole book full of references to use if needed

Thank You,

Leslee
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Daisy (Mia) Vet Report.jpg (169.6 KB, 60 views)
atchdca is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!