View Single Post
Old 08-01-2008, 04:04 AM   #6
meli
Yorkie Talker

Here is my question: My Pantera has nt had a visible first heat unless this is it and she turned a year old in June 2008. When they come in heat or are coming in heat, do they leave a blood spot in their urine occassionally on the pee pad? I have had females in heat before but they have always been bigger dogs and they never used pee pads so I wouldn't know about this. They were very easy to tell they were in season as well. Pantera doesn't seem that much different other than she is moody and a Mamma's girl which she occassionally gets anyway. I followed her for 6 hours to get a urine sample to take to the Vet and the Vet basically sent me back home with it saying it looked clear and they didn't want to waste my money because if she is coming in heat it will throw a false positive for infection when she doesn't really have one due to the blood all coming out of the same area.

I am at a loss. I keep wiping her and I get nothing. In her pants, which she loathes I might add, we get nothing. She is an extremely clean dog and the one heat that I think I missed I can only tell because I can't seem to wash this stain out of my white bed comforter and it has to be from her. She is the only female equipped in the house for such a stain
meli is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!