View Single Post
Old 07-27-2008, 09:47 AM   #9
charmed239
YT Addict

I to had the same problem with Riley when I got him,,in fact his kennnel cough was so bad that it progressed to pnumonia. the vet gave him zithromax and it didnt work as well as i would have liked. I found a vet web site online and it had a home remedy and they said it works in most cases where antibotics fail,,we tried it and he was better in no time..it is extreamly easy this is what we did...the home remedy was HOMEMADE chicken soup...it said to use a good chicken broth with chicked brest meat, fresh garlic, fresh parsley. carrots, and celery,,,along with a good puppy vitimin, and nutri-cal..and if the pup wont eat it to puree it and syringe feed it to them to make sure they get it..we did this and with in 7 days he was better..a small cough on occasion can linger for a few weeks...the vet site also said no cough spressant during the day because you want the stuff to come up and get out of there lungs...Riley was vry very sick and this remedy worked like a charm..mabey you can try it..good luck..if you dont want to try this I would at least get the nutri-cal to keep his energy up it has a lot of nutrients in it that wil help him while he is sick.
charmed239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!