View Single Post
Old 07-26-2008, 07:19 PM   #13
Wylie's Mom
Furbutts = LOVE
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannah3183 View Post
I greatly appreciate all of the advice you've given. I just gave her the mineral oil about 30 mins ago, and we've ran a little outside and have been playing fetch. Crossing my fingers.....

If nothing happens tonight or tomorrow morning on the mineral oil - do you suggest me taking her to the emergency vet tomorrow, or should I just wait til her vet can see her again on Monday?
Well, I'm worried about *all* that food being inside her, and that she hasn't gone poo yet. What concerns me is that, if she isn't just constipated - then it may be a blockage of some sort. If it's that, it can be life threatening - in no uncertain terms.

Dogs have very short digestive systems, so that's why they usually stay fairly regular. While it's not too surprising her system is a little off, this is pretty excessive. And, at this point - getting dangerous (or at the very least, no longer something to "mess with" - you know?).

I think I would feed very little at this point, but give water. To encourage water, take a small bowl of water and add some karo or honey to sweeten it - she may drink more that way.

So has she eaten even more today? Poor thing...

°¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨° Ann | Pfeiffer | Marcel Verdel Purcell | Wylie | Artie °¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨°

Last edited by Wylie's Mom; 07-26-2008 at 07:20 PM.
Wylie's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!