View Single Post
Old 07-26-2008, 07:31 AM   #11
Leanne7b
Yorkie Yakker

I had this same problem about one week ago. The late night potty breaks where driving me crazy and she wet the bed one time. I put her crate near my side of the bed with a towel covering 3 of the 4 sides. Each time she would cry I would take a shoe (puppy kindergarten suggested tennis balls but I have TONS of shoes) and throw it at her cage. It still took some time getting used to it but by the tenth show she was just wimpering instead of full on screaming. She has slept in her cage for 4 nights now and I no longer have to throw any shoes, the second I put her in the cage she is silent. She had an accident in her cage the first two nights but the third and fourth she didn't go but she will RUN out when I open the door and go right away. Hopefully she will be able to get used to the hours and then I can bring her back in the bed without worrying about her having and accident.

P.S. I hate to say it but I have slept alot better without her in the bed. Not having to worry about her getting up or using the restroom in the middle of the night was making me a REALLY light sleeper

Good Luck!
Leanne7b is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!