Thread: I am MAD
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2008, 07:11 AM   #1
Graleyne
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Angry I am MAD

Since my yougest DD, Olivia, was born it has been a battle and a half with my MIL. She disagrees with anything and everything I do because I am "foreign" (foreign meaning I was born in a state other than Georgia and my family was military so I was -thankfully-exposed to many different types of cultures, beliefs, etc)

Well, I have let most of it slide. She has cut my daughter's hair without my permission, etc.

Well, this is the last straw. I have kept Olivia home for quite a while due to these "differences of opinion". I NEVER prevented her from seeing or talking to Livvy, I just didn't allow her to be around her without me present. Things seemed to get a little better so last night I relented and let Olivia spend the night at MIL's.

She fed my daughter CHICKEN. Now, I know this doesn't sound like the end of the world to most of you, BUT we are vegetarians (for both health and ethical reasons) and feeding a veggie kid meat could make them seriously sick! Olivia didn't want to eat it so she LIED to my daughter and told her it was made out of vegetables like the kind she gets a home. I know for a fact it was not because they were eating at the local cafe and they don't even have those there. Then she told my 5 year old daughter that "Well, I don't care what your mother says."

I am so mad I am in tears.

So now Olivia has diarrhea and is crying because her tummy hurts (that's how I found out about the chicken - I asked her what she ate at Granny's).

I know if I tell DH he will just defend the MIL. No matter that she endangered his daughter's health, no matter that she lied to her, no matter about the blatant disrespect she showed for me directly to our daughter.

You know, I understand that people have different ways of raising children and that things were different when she raised DH, BUT even though she doesn't agree with how I'm raising MY kids, she does have to respect it.

I am just done. I guess its back to supervised visits ONLY for a very long time.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!