Thread: Spay questions
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2008, 08:31 AM   #7
fufufashions
LEADER OF MyPACK
Donating Member

I have had all 5 of mine spayed and did NOT leave them overnight...if no one is there, i would rather them be home with me. My vet even offered to take them home with him so he could keep any eye on them. I opted to bring them home and they all did just fine. They slept most of the time and i kept them in a small Sherpa crate so they couldn't move around much. It also protected them from the other sisters. I would just carry the crate with me from room to room the next day and take them out of pp and put them back in. This is for their protection too so they don't jump the first day. This is day 2 for Meiah's spay this past Tuesday. She is doing great and feels almost back to normal. I only gave her the Medicam (pain meds) y'day and last night. They do bounce back quickly. You will also want to make sure they don't lick their incision. I put on a large fufu shirt to cover her so she can't get to it. Many buy the premie onsies from the baby stores and put on their babies to keep them from licking.
Good luck!!
fufufashions is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!