Thread: Spay questions
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2008, 08:24 AM   #6
tobysmom328
Senior Yorkie Talker

I had Izzy spayed about a month ago. Everything went great, excepted she loved trying to clean her stitches, so we had to buy premie onesies for her to wear for a bout a week (until she got her stitches out) All went well. We had done the blood work 2 weeks before since she got her teeth cleaned (and pulled). i also did get the pain meds. I can't remember the name but will check when i get home if i still have them. She only could take 1/2 a pill a day since she's about 3.5 lbs. I did take her home as soon as i could since i knew no one would be there over night. She was actually hopping around in her onesie and we went on a walk the next day. she was sleeping and relaxed a lot the night i got her back.. pretty sluggish since she was still waking up from the anes. but she was a trooper!! I would def reccomend the onesies tho!! the premie ones fit her perfectly at 3.5 lbs.. you could probably get away with the premie ones maybe the new born ones!!! good luck! i'm sure it'll go just great!!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!