View Single Post
Old 07-23-2008, 09:58 AM   #1
jencar98
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Default YT puppy sales ads

A recent for sale thread has once again become a heated debate. It is a subject that will NEVER be agreed upon, kind of like politics and religion

This was my post that got deleted, and it should have been - not the proper place. But I would like to have a reasonable discussion about this topic and thought this might be the place.

The only sensible solution to the entire problem is for the Sale of dogs not to be allowed here. There is just no way for YT admin, to properly determine who is or isn't a reputable breeder. The education about how to find a reputable breeder is here for those searching for a puppy/dog.

IMO, a site dedicated to the love of yorkies, should not be promoting sales within the site. It's like talking out of both sides of your mouth, you know - donate to United Yorkie Rescue for all of those poor innocent rejected yorkies, but also allow the sale of the yorkies....it's kind of like a petstore saying they are against puppymills. I don't mean to be disrespectful but just really don't understand why.

How about a "sticky" list of breeders here. No puppies listed for sale - just contact info? Potential buyers could read the list, read the educational material here, then contact breeders and make an informed decision. That would resolve a lot of this bickering.

Is this something we as the YT community could vote on?
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!