View Single Post
Old 07-22-2008, 01:03 PM   #15
Franceen
YT 500 Club Member

Aww, the poor little guy is only 7 mths old - give him a chance! I get up to take Toots out once a night and she is 4 years old. It doesn't worry me - but I can get back to sleep easily and maybe you find it difficult to do so?. When we first got her, I took her out 2 to 3 times during the night for quite a while, as she was having 'accidents' during the night. I cut down her water intake in the evening and this helps. She hardly ever has an accident now, not that it would upset me if she did. She has to go when she has to go. I do take her out last thing at night and wait until she goes. I keep reminding her to go, while I am standing there, otherwise she gets distracted by the nighttime sounds, insects, frogs etc LOL! and forgets all about going potty. I don't go inside until she does something & I always praise her like crazy when she goes. She has accidents when she is not feeling well or has an upset tummy or whatever, but this is to be expected and we need to be patient about it. Give Baxter a big kiss and hug from me and Toots. I know you are probably tired from working all day, but he is only little and still needs lots of patience while he learns to control his bladder etc. If you feel taking him on has been a mistake, as you are feel unable to cope with him as well as everything else in your life at the moment, there is no shame in admitting it and giving him to someone who is perhaps at home and has the time and patience to train him. It can't be much fun for him being in a bathroom all day anyway. You could then look for an older dog - Toots was 3 yrs old when we got her, although she was not house trained!! - that gets on with your other dog and they can spend the day together. This may well work out better all round. I hope I haven't offended you in any way, as I certainly don't mean to do so. I am not in your particular position and this is just my suggestion.

Luv
Franceen xx
Franceen is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!