Thread: your advice!
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2008, 04:08 PM   #4
EbonysMom
Senior Yorkie Talker

Smile Thanks to you!

Just wanted to say that Dixie is doing fine today, thank the good Lord! She really gave me a scare. I stayed up with her till like 4:00am, just to make sure she was sleeping and breathing well and everything was okay. This morning she got up, played all over the place with my daughters yorkie who is two weeks younger, Teddy. She ate and drank and went to the piddle pad and seems just like her self. I have been trying to introduce these two little yorkies to my two Bichons who are 7 yrs old and about 16 pds each. They are both so hpyer and want to see the puppies but are too aggressive and territorial which I know the territorial part is natural for them to show I was here first. My vet recommended getting the bichons a muzzle and for no more than about 20 to 30 minutes having them on a leash with a muzzle on and letting them smell,and play with the puppies. This way they can do that and move them around but not put thier mouths on them. I have tried this a couple of times and it went well but yesterday Dixie went off the edge of the deck into the fenced in yard and one of the bichons jumped on her grabbing her with her mouth. She is okay but I was sure scared and so today I had the fencing all around the deck fixed with fencing under the bottom rail so they won't be able to get off it at all. This will not happen again! Thanks for your advice. So many good people are in this site!
EbonysMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!