View Single Post
Old 07-20-2008, 07:00 PM   #1
strawberrieshk
Senior Yorkie Talker

Exclamation Did He Have A Seizure??

A few weeks ago, my mom told me Daemar was outside crying so she brought him in the house. He didn't want to walk for a minute or two and he seemed like he was leaning on one side to relieve pressure. Well, he had a slight limp and when he sat down, he was shaking a little. It was hot outside, and he was playing out there with my little sister for a while, so I don't think he was cold. Then, like 2 minutes later, he got up, and started playing again.
A friend told me the same thing happened to her Shih-Tzu, and that the doctor told her it was hypoglycemia. Soo, I treated him for that (no meds-- did what the vet told me to do in case of hypoglycemia) and he seems fine since then.

Did he have a seizure?? He didn't go pale. His gums looked normal. My dad said he might've got his foot stuck in between a couple of step stones (which of course I removed from his play area) but why would he be shivering like that?

--Oh yeah, the reason I'm writing so late is because until today I believed it was hypoglycemia, until I read a post on here a few minutes ago.....
strawberrieshk is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!