View Single Post
Old 07-19-2008, 11:39 AM   #1
MomGadget
Yorkie Talker

Default Need Advice: 6 mth old is shivering and sleeping a lot - Worried

I'm sorry if this is a repeat topic - but a search wasn't yielding the results I was looking for.

Just over a month ago, my Molly was treated for and recovered from Parvo. Since then she's done beautifully.

Just over a week ago, she received her final round of vaccines and had what I believe was a delayed reaction to the shots. 1/4 baby aspirin per the vet and a little water via syringe and she was fine.

Last night she began acting very groggy and chilled. Our house temp is set to 70 but I put her in her little hoody just for added warmth. I wrapped her up, she slept fine though the night.

Today she's acting much the same. I've given her water with Karo at regular intervals.

I've given her Nutri-Cal three times throughout the day in small doses - which she ate without trouble.

I fixed her some Chicken and Rice soup - she drank the broth without trouble.

She's urinating regularly - seems a little constipated, but went late last night and this morning.

Parvo scared me to death and I don't want to take any chances. Our vet is out since this is Saturday evening and won't return until Monday.

It pains me so much to watch my Molly acting this way. Any advice is much appreciated.

Thanks
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!