View Single Post
Old 07-16-2008, 01:33 PM   #25
Reinell
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanNYC View Post
My Barnaby is 4 months old now, and I had exactly the same concerns. I set up a room with a fence, left him a nice secure crate to get into when he wanted, a pee pad, and toys, and he has done wonderfully well. I recently expanded his area of freedom to both part of my bedroom and the hall, gating off rooms in which I am not yet comfortable letting him roam freely. And he seems to love it.

I walk him and play with him for an hour before leaving for work, and then we have a lot of playing and at least one walk after I get home. I have been vitisting him at lunch as my summer work schedules is pretty loose, so he's enjoyed that.

Also, I have a petcam set up, so I know for a fact he sleeps almost all day long, and then perks up when I get home!

He seems pretty happy, thank goodness! So I would imagine a set up like this might work for you.
Thank you for your reply! This sounds great! It sounds like Barnaby is very happy and very well cared for. Very interesting about the web cam as well. I think that set-up sounds great and would like to do the same for Rocky in a few weeks. We currently live in an apartment with v. bad sound insulation and mostly carpet but are moving to a condo with concrete walls and only hardwood/tile in about a month. This will make training much easier I think although we will still watch him lots of course when he is wandering around.
Reinell is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!