View Single Post
Old 09-02-2005, 02:51 PM   #1
wd6474
YT Addict

Default 7 pounds at 4 months

hi yt members,
i have a question about my boy. he'll be 5 months on sept 10 and i took him to the groomer today and he called my baby a small horse. he even ?'s if he was a purebred. says most yorkies are less than 6 pounds and mine will be huge. i have papers on him and got him from a good breeder who told me that she has never had dogs who grew larger than 8 or 9 pounds but that shes couldnt say for sure how big he would be. she told me that based on his weight at 8 weeks( 3 pounds) he should triple that and be around 8 or 9 pounds. is this true??? the groomer said my boy will weight about 12 or 15 pounds..how do i know??? he looks small... and his body is small compared to some yorkies in my neighborhood. he doesnt look tall or long actually he looks short and petiet..but since i started giving him cottage in the mornings i have notice that he's filled out a little but i can still feel his ribs and see a curve in his body...should i feed him less? excersize him more?? or just leave him alone and let nature take its course.... last vet visit he was 6 pounds 8 oz
Attached Images
File Type: jpg LUB0B7~1.jpg (134.3 KB, 144 views)
File Type: jpg LUCKYP~1.jpg (137.1 KB, 127 views)

Last edited by wd6474; 09-02-2005 at 02:54 PM.
wd6474 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!