Thread: Upset
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2008, 09:26 AM   #11
Peta-Gaye
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkieisme View Post
Okay guys I know you haven't heard from me in some time. I have researched so much and was waiting on my new little guy. Then I received a e-mail a few weeks back that he was born, then last week I received another one stating he would not be sold to me because he was too small. Now I am back to nothing. I am so upset, why even tell me he was born if I was not going to get him. I'm not upset at the breeder, but I am so upset at being told....does this make sense? I have waited 15 years for a yorkie (husband kicked against it for this long) and I thought I would finally get one. Now I probably will have to wait again or not even get one. This sucks for me.

Julie
Hey Julie, I'm sorry to hear about your disappointment. I myself waited years to convince my husband to get me a yorkie. But everything happens for a good reason, and you WILL find that special baby that's meant to be yours.

As far as the breeder, let's for a moment give her the benefit of the doubt - a friend of mine was on a breeder's waiting list for months, when the puppies (2) were born, she received an email regarding the birth. The mom had 1male & 1female, as my friend was currently at the top of the list, she had first choice, she chose the male. A few weeks later, she was told by the breeder that she could not get the puppy again, as he was very tiny, was not gowing at the same rate as his sister, and that she just wasn't comfortable selling him to a first time yorkie owner. My friend was very upset, so the lady told her to come see her. When my friend went to see her, the breeder showed her the puppy and the adults she had there, she told my friend she has owned and bred yorkies for years, and whenever a puppy showed signs of being 'demanding' healthwise, she learned over the years that it was better to keep them or put them in a home with a more experienced person. Sickly yorkies demand ALOT of attention, care AND money.
This puppy would have been my friend's first dog ever. The breeder even offered to assist her in finding another puppy. I told my friend I respected this woman alot as she definately cared, she had even made a visit to my friend's home prior to accepting her as a potential owner, to see the environment the puppy would be raised in and offer tips on preparing her home.
Some breeders are very particular and rightfully so. So hopefully your breeder is one of the good ones (at least for the dogs sake).
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!