View Single Post
Old 07-11-2008, 08:01 AM   #8
NewYorkieMom52
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Default traveling with your furbaby

once you get past security buy a bottled water to take with you...remember to bring a little plastic tupperware or something for them to drink out of...also bring the syringe that you sometimes use for meds...because if your dog does not wnat to drink you can help her stay hydrated.

one key thing that helped me was to start carrying Georgia around in the carrier...in the car by my feet sometimes so she was used to it.

I put a blanket over her cage and she was fine...she slept...the most we have spent was about 4 hours in the air, stop over for an hour then 3 hours in the air....she is a sport

weigh your options...consider leaving her because its stressful flying with animals, customs may give you a hard time, because different countries have rules, you may have to quarantine her on the way back so they are sure she does not bring any foriegn dog illnesses back. It used to be that if you flew here from Hawaii you had to quarintine your pet too. maybe that has changed but I would check into that before your trip.

Consider taking her if you dont have anyone to watch her and you want your family to meet her, kenneling her for a long period of time can be expensive and stressful for her too.

I did not take georgia on my last couple trips because it was high stress trying to fit her into activities and schedules...plus some people dont like dogs in their house, cars or around thier babies..you know...so just make sure you do all this thinking before you decide....

I think I would recommend you taking a road trip to the beach or something and see how she does before you get stuck on a plane with a anxiety attack or yippy dog or something

hope this helped

Last edited by NewYorkieMom52; 07-11-2008 at 08:03 AM.
NewYorkieMom52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!