View Single Post
Old 07-11-2008, 07:36 AM   #22
Cookie2
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Please DON'T take it the wrong way. Try to understand to take either opinion into consideration.Not everyone will agree and give you the same opinions. I could understand completely with people that have NO experience giving advice on what you should or shouldnt be doing with your dog.However there are lots of experienced long time breeders who've seen the scary part of breeding and they suffer tremendously when something has gone wrong. I went to another forum to ask sure signs that my dog was pregnant andI got slammed and sacrificed like you can't imagine! No one gave me advice .All I got was 100 questions of why did I let this happen and how irresponsible I was. I had to go into exact detail on how this happened.It was not intentional. I had read books and researched online but hearing Breeders experiences is what I wanted the most. I understand you must be angry at the moment.But many people here are telling you that things don't always go according to plan.Yes we've had several really sad and scary Whelping threads here in the past week or so.I was one of those stories.No matter how much I planned things went horribly wrong and 2 out of 3 puppies died.So now we have one baby boy .She ended up with an emergency C-section. Even though many people didnt believe in their heart that my case was an accidental breeding...They STILL ended up helping me out ,calling me on the phone and were very supportive. Because regardless that the mom is a Maltese and the dad is a Yorkie,their were the lives of the puppies that everyone agreed that they were worried for . I swallowed my pride and yes even my bit of anger for another forum and still came here and ended up getting support.I always tell people ,if they dont want anyone to disagree with them ,then just ask yourself and don't ask anyone else.I truly hope that all goes well for the mom and puppies if she is pregnant.Keep doing research ,I still am. I planned to breed my maltese with another maltese but I didnt get to do that and now I have a Morkie. We love him the same. You are correct. But I for now will keep talking to breeders and reading more and maybe one day I will try again with 2 yorkies. Sorry for the long reply but I do understand that you feel you are being slammed and not helped.Understand that most breeders here have been helping with their many years of knowledge to those here who ended up with super scary whelping cases this past week.

All I can tell you is watch her very carefully.The only sure sign I saw in Lola was a clear/slightly yellow discharge from her vulva at around 5 weeks until her C-section this Monday.She went through soooo much pain and I clearly saw that in her eyes. She is spayed now and at least will get to enjoy her boy grow up with her.

Good Luck,I truly mean that

Genie,Cookie,Lola,Angel & Lucky

Last edited by Wylie's Mom; 07-15-2008 at 10:55 AM.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!