View Single Post
Old 07-10-2008, 07:50 PM   #10
YorkieLovin
Donating Yorkie Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by cappy View Post
I just feel that prior to picking up Cappy she may have had pneumonia and had been treated but wasn't fully recovered. The breeder made us wait about 2 weeks before we could bring her home. She wanted to make sure she was strong enough. We thought it was just because she was tiny and the runt of the litter. The breeder seemed caring and genuine enough and maybe she is. But when we got in the car and she coughed we just assumed it was nothing really because of how great she said Cappy had been doing, eating putting on weight. First one to the food bowl. When I got her home she would take one bite out of the food bowl than she wouldn't eat. Under the breeder directions I was giving her pedalyte and baby food with a dropper at night her other food during the day I was hand feeding her. Our experience with her may just be a one bad incident. My disappointment with her is this, I feel she had pneumonia sometime before we got her, I feel the breeder may have felt she was out of the woods so she allowed us to take her home. Because she is so tiny and ran a serious risk of having medical problems why would she have not let us register her and just limit the papers. I was told you can give the papers and make it so you cannot breed the dog, if you do you can't register the puppies. However that's done I'm not really sure. I have 2 other dogs and they have both been fixed. It just is a bitter pill to swallow when we paid $2,500. for Cappy and over $1,500. for vet bills and more to follow. When had she given us the papers we would have had the insurance. We had spoken to the breeder about the insurance and she was going to look into it. We haven't heard from her this is going back to June 5th. We've emailed her and phoned her with no results. I know my only action will be through the court system, I was really hoping it wouldn't go that way, if you had met the breeder she seemed like such a caring and compassionate person or maybe I was just hearing what I wanted to because the first time I met Cappy I fell in love. Thank you for all of the advice given. I will get the nytrical, can I get it at any pet store?
I'm sorry to hear that your puppy is ill.
Does your breeder have a health guarantee on her dogs?
Paying $2500 for a puppy should mean you are dealing with a top notch breeder!
You said she only lives 20 min from you...if she isn't answering your calls why don't you just go to her house and see her! Unfortunately if she does not offer a health guarantee then I'm not sure if she is responsible once the dog leaves her house.

Good luck with everything!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!